TOP 6+ Best Cycling Computer with Cadence and Heart Rate
To all bike lovers!
What fun is riding a bike? And how can Just Not Sports enjoy this time?
Let us show you a way,
Why don’t you try buying a device that will make cycling more exciting and more comfortable?
In this case, it is the best bike computer with cadence and HR.
You can accurately know the information like current speed, distance traveled, average speed, maximum speed, trip time and even your current cadence and HR.
If you want to get a great and useful device, you have to seriously study it to know how to choose the best one.
And to not lose your time,
Just Not Sports are here with you.
We will start offering now the issues you need to know about this type of device.
A useful buying guide
Let’s take a look.
There are some guidelines that you will consider before choosing cycling computers.
The price of the device
You should know that,
The cycling computers will be priced depending on its brand and features. Choose one of the right prices as well as be determined by what you are going to use it for.
Now consider it that way,
Your main purpose behind buying a bicycle computer is to improve your performance, meaning that any feature capable of doing so will make a big difference on your route.
That’s the reason why you need to take time to purchase the device while considering which features will give you what you need when riding on the road.
Easy to install
The cycling computers within cadence and HR should be easily installed on your bike.
It is also designed hard enough to handle the road when using the phone applications.
You can attach this gadget to the handlebar to make it easy to use.
It also needs to hold onto the bar without facing any damage especially when the rider hits the extreme terrain.
With electronic devices, should be avoided difficult installation for new users and no need to call a bicycle specialist to set up for them.
And another thing, the device needs to be easily removed for cleaning as well as storage without ruining them.
Why do we say so?
The connect ability determines whether your computer connects perfectly with the cadence and speed sensors.
Most products will use ANT+ while others will use the Bluetooth connectivity.
Check this out: The connection should not be interrupted for long periods of time when you ride on the road.
The best way for you to test is through experience, and you should buy the gadgets of the same brand and design.
Make sure you check your device at the time of purchase to avoid major risks. And if you buy online, you need to know that the manufacturer has a reasonable warranty or return for you.
The device sensors
You also need to choose the best sensor to buy. The main reason is that it will affect the service life and connections.
The best sensor will belong to the counter brand with compatibility.
Touch display computer
The display will tell you how easy it is to use bike computers.
For what it’s worth, you should choose a touch display that makes it easy to handle your computer while riding.
One thing that is certain about electronic devices is that the display interface must be friendly to work and navigate.
In fact, you are going to use cycling computers while on the road, and you will check your body’s stats regularly.
With that being said, you will consider if you can adjust the interface to see through the options quickly and easily or not.
If you need to stop to interact with information, it will be inconvenient and distracting while riding.
Additional useful features
Also, your cycling computer should also be equipped with some other support features. The more extras the device has, the better your experience is.
Sound impressive, right?
They are music, virtual racer, goals and accomplishments, and GPS tracker.
Let’s get started with music.
If you ride a bike over long distances, you need music to improve performance but not distract. You can choose a device that allows you to save your favorite playlists and quickly changes the song while riding.
Next, how about a virtual racer?
Virtual racer is to increase your competitiveness. It helps you mark your previous best times and encourages you to beat every existing record by riding faster and better.
Are you the most excited when you achieve a success?
This device will allow you to set your goals and accomplishments. You can also have the stats you have set up to boost your cycling skills over time.
Last but not least,
You need a GPS tracker to go over new places without getting lost, know the distance to cover, the ways to get to your destination with many terrain options.
Well, there are a lot of criteria for you to choose the best product, right?
But stay with us,
Just Not Sports will bring you a list of best products with all the information for you to choose wisely.
Here they are:
Top best bike computers 2019: Worth to Invest
|CAT EYE – Velo 7 Bike Computer||$||No||4.4|
|CAT EYE – Padrone Wireless Bike Computer||$||No||4.2|
|Garmin Edge 520 Bike GPS||$$||Yes||4.4|
|Garmin Edge 130||$$||Yes||4.5|
|Wahoo ELEMNT GPS Bike Computer||$$||Yes||4.1|
|Garmin Edge 1030 Bundle||$$$||Yes||3.7|
You will have six products to look through before choosing the one that suits your needs most.
Let’s dig a little deeper.
#1. CAT EYE – Velo 7 Bike Computer
- Displays current, maximum and average speed, total distance, trip distance, elapsed time, speed arrow and clock.
- Know when you stop and automatically stop counting time and average speed.
- Equipped with a wired speed sensor.
- Battery lasts up to three years.
- Perfect for cyclists newbies who want to take their ride to the next level.
CAT EYE – Velo 7 Bike Computer is Cat Eye’s entry level 7 function computer.
Moreover, you have the larger screen to read quickly and simply set up with pre-programmed tire sizes.
It provides a very long battery life and light weight of 28 grams.
After all, you do not meet any difficulty when using. The item comes with the one button feature. So simple!
- Have all your favorite stats
- Don’t sweat the small stops on the road
- A good wired sensor
- Use for over three years with battery
- Perfect for beginners
- Easy to use and install
- It may be hard to mount the sensor on a mountain bike.
- The wire between the sensor and the computer is short.
#2. CAT EYE – Padrone Wireless Bike Computer
Another Cat Eye device, CATEYE – Padrone Wireless Bike Computer, is very enjoyable; thanks to the great features that it brings.
How is it good?
- Displays current, maximum and average speeds, total distance, trip distance, elapsed time, and the clock.
- The option of manually setting the distance meter, no need to start over when replacing the battery.
- Just press the base of the unit to switch over the function.
- Easily mount, tune and move your PC manually with FlexTight framework.
- Know when you have stopped and automatically stops the counting time and the average speed.
Coming to this product, you will get the most massive display available on the market today and enjoy a squint-free ride and a fast, simple set-up.
With that being said,
This Cat Eye bicycle computer has completed with battery life up to a year and 31-gram weight.
- Easy to use and install
- Have all stats that you need
- Large and easy-to-read display
- Optional out-front mount
- Manually set the odometer
- Simply press to toggle through functions
- Universal speed sensor
- It only works reliably at speeds above 15 mph.
- LED lights may cause interference like intermittent loss of speed tracking.
#3. Garmin Edge 520 Bike GPS
- New advanced performance and power analysis: new regional time, functional threshold power and watt/kg tracking, cycling-specific VO2 and recovery, and cycling dynamics.
- Water rating IPX7 and a high-resolution 2.3-inch color display.
- A compact, lightweight device.
- Standard ANT + sensors: power meters, heart rate monitors, speed and cadence sensors.
- Includes: Edge 520, heart rate monitor, cadence sensor, speed sensor, extended out-front mount, standard mount, tether, USB cable, manuals.
- Connected features: automatic upload, live monitoring, send/receive courses, social media sharing, and weather.
- Smart notifications allow receiving text messages and calls while riding.
Moreover, the Garmin Edge 520 Bike GPS from Garmin is an excellent option for your cycling computer.
It may be said that this product has many useful features that worth to spend money to buy it.
- Advance metrics
- Waterproof and high-resolution display.
- ANT+ compatible.
- Many good connected features to save, plan and share your rides.
- Includes Heart Rate Monitor Strap, Cadence sensor & Speed sensor.
- Compatible with Strava live segments and GPS/GLONASS satellites.
- Compact, rugged form factor and 15+ hour battery life.
- You have to leave the battery out for at least 10 minutes before replacing with the new battery.
- You must save the whole string of inputs, including each screen field setup because your data will be lost and you have to start over.
#4. Garmin Edge 130
- The compact GPS bike computer is easy to use.
- Simplified design with a 1.8-inch screen, easy to read in bright sunlight or low light conditions.
- With GPS satellites, GLONASS and Galileo and an altimeter.
- Compatible with Varia cycling Awareness accessories like rearview Radar and smart bike lights.
- Connected features when using compatible devices include smart messaging, weather, and more.
- LiveTrack and Support feature to share your location.
Garmin Edge 130 is compatible with Varia line of cycling awareness devices, including rear-view radar and smart bike lights.
Want to know the best part?
When pairing these devices with your Edge bike computer, you can get notifications to reach the car right on Edge screen and help the drivers see you.
Your friends and family can also track your real-time location with the LiveTrack feature of the product.
Besides, the Support feature when using a compatible device can quickly send your current location to the selected contacts.
- Compact, lightweight design features a 1.8” mono Memory in Pixel (MIP) display.
- Easy to navigate with GPS, GLONASS and Galileo satellites.
- Improve your performance with power meters and racing in real time against Garmin and Strava Live Segments.
- Smart connections to keep your phone safely tucked away and still stay connected while you’re on the bike.
- The navigation is not very good.
- After a long pause in a ride, all your sensors may stop working for the rest of the journey.
#5. Wahoo ELEMNT GPS Bike Computer
It is a device that is equipped with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for you, Wahoo ELEMNT GPS Bike Computer.
Wahoo ELEMNT GPS Bike Computer provides outstanding characteristics:
- Wahoo’s free companion app automates pairing and manages the configuration process for fast, frustration-free setup.
- Automatic route downloads and uploads when synced with compatible third-party apps.
- Include Wahoo Elemnt, out-front mount, stem mount, and TT aero bar mount.
- Build a route and get pop-up and LED notifications on the screen.
- Fully integrates with Strava Live Segments to give you accurate progress status and the Final Push to beat your goals.
- Sync, acquire and push data via ANT+, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi.
Obviously, this is a sufficient-good product to set up your data fields, customize profiles, track performance, and share ride data effortlessly.
In addition, programmable LED quick look indicators provide a quick way to see if you’re on Pace with important performance metrics like speed, cadence, and power.
- Largest-in-class display
- Companion APP setup
- Turn-by-turn navigation
- Call, text and e-mail alerts
- Tactile smart buttons
- Perfect view Zoom
- Quicklook LED indicators
- KICKR/SNAP control
- When riding on dirt trails with many short quick direction changes, it may not trace the actual distance traveled.
- It doesn’t have an indication of the battery level.
#6. Garmin Edge 1030 Bundle
- 3.5” bike computer with comprehensive navigation, performance, and cycling Awareness Features.
- Trendline popularity routing uses billions of miles of Garmin Connect ride data to show the best on- and off-road routes.
- Preloaded Garmin cycle map provides turn-by-turn directions and new navigation alerts.
- New rider-to-rider messaging to stay in contact with other cyclists.
- Newly updated preloaded Strava Live segments Feature.
- Battery life up to 20 hours.
Even from the name, you have a bundle of accessories included.
In addition to that, you can ride longer and stay connected with the Edge 1030 GPS cycling computer.
It also includes a preloaded Garmin Cycle Map and new navigation alerts that notify you of sharp curves ahead.
But you know what else?
The Garmin Edge 1030 Bundle is compatible with Varia rearview radar and smart bike lights, and it has built-in incident detection to keep you safer on the road.
- Popularity routing knows where you go.
- Messages from rider to rider.
- Create the ultimate cycling hub
- Strava live segments help you push to perform.
- Smart connectivity.
- From plan to performance with TrainingPeaks.
- Personalized race day power plan from best bike split.
- Customize your device with the free apps, widgets and data fields from Connect IQ store.
- It may not stay connected to phone or ANT.
- The product may turn off without warning.
Which is the best bicycle computer for you to purchase?
All in all, what will help you buy the best bike computer 2018
You need to buy the right product for your budget. You also have to determine that you are ready for a new level of cycling with better performance.
Let’s find out:
If you are a professional cyclist, you need this product to serve your work perfectly.
However, when you are the amateur rider, you can be satisfied with the use of speed sensors, cadence for your losing fat plan.
In the case of a racing performer, you will need a real-time gadget that not only provides information while on the bike but also gives details on every movement of the bike and body.
Therefore, you should know what kind of buyers you are to equip the products to suit your demands.
Finally, are you the one who watch your weight as well as heart problems?
If yes, you have to invest in a best bike computer.
Read more: An updated list of the Best Mountain Bike GPS (2019)