5+ Best Mountain Bike Chain Lube 2019
Ever noticed why your bike chain is hard and slow or easy to move? If you want to know how to smooth your bike chain, you’ve found the right article here.
In fact, lubrication chains are one of the essential parts of your maintenance for a mountain bike.
If you do not lubricate your bike chain in the right way, you will experience a lot of frustration because the chain of brakes does not move well and may get stuck or broken.
Applying the lubricant frequently will extend your chain life. Moreover, the oil will help you keep your bike in the best condition.
In this article, Just Not Sports recommend the top 5 best mountain bike chain lube depending on your ride conditions. At the same time, you can find the necessary purchasing guidelines for this product later in our article.
Just Not Sports will start with the review of 5 top-rated chain lube for your mountain bike.
Top 5 Best mountain bike chain lube 2019
You’d just as soon get the chain lube as save your budget. No problem! See More: How to Clean Bike Chain: Effective with 10 simple steps
You can have our recommended best product list right below.
So let’s get to it!
#1. Finish Line Citrus Degreaser
- Strong and Safe biodegradable...
- Made using orange peal and...
- Strong enough that you can...
- Low surface tension for...
Your need is to clean your mountain bike chains easily but not to make the components damaged.
No doubt about it, the Finish Line Citrus Degreaser is an ideal product for you.
Why do we say so?
- Thanks to its powerful and safe biodegradable formula, you can use it with all plastic and rubber parts.
- This product is made from orange and soybean extracts, natural and non-toxic.
- Because of its high density, you can dilute the oil with water for easier cleaning of the bike chain.
- Due to its low surface tension, it penetrates all areas of the bicycle chain.
Coming to the Finish Line Citrus Degreaser, you will avoid damage to your bike because it is firm to use with metal parts and safe to rubber o-rings and seals, urethane elastomers, and painted surfaces.
This one helps you to do a deep cleaning for your mountain bike chains.
If you want to have a cleaner chain, remember to dilute it gradually rather than just use once and then rinse your strings. This product becomes a new standard for your better chain maintenance.
- It is easy to clean your bike chain deeply.
- Work well when being diluted.
- High quality and powerful degreaser.
- Do not leave the smell of chemicals.
- Highly effective with old lump grease on the pulley or chains rarely cleaned.
- The product metal container makes it difficult to pour.
#2. Motul M/C Care Factory Line Chain Lube
- Specifically developed for...
- Compatible for o-ring, x-ring...
- Not recommended for off road...
- Milky in color
This lube is suggested for road racing than off-road use. The Motul M/C Care Factory Line Chain Lube has some great features that satisfy your need in bike chain care.
What do you get from it?
- This milk-white product was developed specifically for racing on the road.
- You can effectively use the O-ring, x-ring and Z-ring chains.
- Please note that the product is not recommended for off-road use.
- This lubricant has a capacity of 9.3oz.
The Motul M/C Care Factory Line Chain Lube is a suitable selection for someone who likes road racing with the mountain bike.
Regularly, you should use this product for your mountain bike in the principle of lubing every 300 miles, cleaning and lubing every 600.
However, you also need to pay attention to your normal cycling conditions for the best caring of your bike chain with this great product.
In this way, you do not have to worry about your motorcycle chains anymore.
- Proper instruction on the lube can.
- Provide the perfect layer of protection for your bike chain.
- Work well in the use of road racing.
- The high resistance of dirt, rock chips, and sidewalk dust.
- Dry quickly after about 10 minutes.
- This product may be sticky to your chains.
#3. Finish Line DRY Teflon Bicycle Chain Lube
- Goes on wet and sets up with a...
- Thanks to the added Teflon...
- Dry Lube is especially...
- An extremely versatile...
A product of dry lube with Teflon fluoropolymer is up-and-coming. Ensure that you will get the most convenience of taking care of your bike chains.
Let’s find out the main benefits of the Finish Line DRY Teflon Bicycle Chain Lube.
- The product sets up a dry wax-like synthetic membrane that keeps your bike chains clean by not absorbing too much dirt.
- Teflon fluoropolymer component helps reduce friction when cycling, resist moisture, and tolerate riding up to 100 miles.
- Manufacturers recommend using on the road or in a dry, dirty, dusty environment, but moderate humidity.
- An extremely versatile lubricant and is used widely for many cyclists on the road and off the road.
- You can apply for coating the derailleurs, shifters, cables and the points of brake pivot.
- In particular, the product decreases the wear on the surfaces of sliding and rolling and easily permeates the chain bushings.
Keep in mind,
The Finish Line DRY Teflon Bicycle Chain Lube offers ideal performance for drivetrain without attracting too many abrasive contaminants.
It makes sure that you can avoid all kinds of dust on the long journey road.
- Produced by unique formula with Dupont Teflon fluoropolymer.
- One of the most flexible and reliable lube.
- Reduce friction, enhance durability, and improve performance in wet weather.
- Provide low surface tension.
- Easy to use with a 4oz squeeze bottle.
- The lube can may be clogged.
#4. ProGold Prolink 16-Ounce Spray Chain Lube
- Sheds dirt, mud and abrasives
- Repels moisture and reduces...
- Desperses water and resists...
- Will not build up or get tacky
You are looking for a lube to use in both wet and dry conditions, try this product, ProGold Prolink 16-Ounce Spray Chain Lube.
This one is a good proposal for you with many useful features.
Let check it out:
- This lubricant cleans dust, mud, and abrasives.
- It can help you repel moisture and reduce oxidation or corrosion.
- The product can disperse water and prevent washing away.
- After use, the product will not make the chains tacky so the strings will be cleaned and lubricated when you ride.
- A 16oz spray bottle is convenient to use.
The ProGold Prolink 16-Ounce Spray Chain Lube is said to adapt your chains of mountain bike well.
It does not let dirt stick to your chains both in wet and dry conditions.
Not only that, the ProLink Chain Lube can keep your bike’s chain and cable running smoother, and the area of chains and drivetrain clean and hard to drag.
- Easy to apply this product on your bike chains.
- The product in the bottle can be concentrated or spray wide angle.
- Help loosening screws wedged, tightly closed or corroded.
- It also does not attract dirt.
- The cleaning solvents will evaporate afterward and leave sticky oil film to collect dirt.
- Lube spraying can lead to excessive use.
#5. White Lightning Epic Ride All Conditions Light Bicycle
- The perfect choice for riders...
- Uniquely formulated with...
- Works great not only on chains...
- Protects your bike's drive...
Now you can enjoy an excellent product for extreme durability to protect your bike’s chain.
The White Lightning Epic Ride All Conditions Light Bicycle rarely make the consumers disappointed.
Here are the best features of this product:
- This product provides the excellent performance of wet lubricants and the cleanliness of dry ones.
- It has a unique formula with non-petroleum synthetic oils for long-term durability without accumulated excessive dust.
- This bicycle chain lube can work great not only on the chain but also on derailleurs, cables, stanchions, and suspension seal and wipers.
- It also helps you to protect your drivetrain from rust and corrosion, especially in coastal conditions with salty air.
Being a lube of light bodied synthetic, the White Lightning Epic Ride All Conditions Light Bicycle brings your bike’s components extremely high durability, smooth shift, and quiet movement in every condition of the ride.
Obviously, this is a sufficient-good product to take good care of your chains of mountain bikes.
- This liquid is very thin and free-flowing than liquid containing petroleum.
- Works well and leaves a bit of film on the bike parts when dry.
- This product significantly reduces the chain noise and resistance from friction.
- It does not collect much dirt and quickly clean up for the drivetrain.
- Convenient to use in any weather.
- It may not be beneficial in rainy weather.
How to choose a good product in quality
So you have a list of 5 best lube for your mountain bicycle, now is the time for us to show you how to select the most suitable product for your needs.
This part is easy, just follow these criteria, and you can do it.
First of all, you can select two kinds: wet or dry
You choose between wet or dry lube depending on the conditions and terrain that you are going to ride your mountain bike. It should be noted that wet lubrication can be used in all situations and is extremely necessary for the wet weather or the winter ride.
The wet-style products are water resistant, so they will not be blown away by rain or when you run across the puddles. Lube is still wet on the chain and makes dirt stick to it.
Therefore, you also need to regularly clean the chain and drivetrain of your bike to prevent the dirt accumulate and wear bike parts faster. When you use a lubricant once, you will have effective riding for at least 100 miles.
The dry-style lube should only be used on dry trails as the lubricant is mixed with the dry solvent on the chain, leaving just the grease and no dirt attached to it as it dried.
As a result of that, you do not need to clean the drivetrain regularly, but you need to re-apply lube in many more times. Before the lube is entirely removed from the bike parts, you can ride about 80 miles.
The next thing to consider is the wax or ceramic lube
The wax can be used for about 50 miles of riding, and it does not get dusty, but you need to reapply regularly. The ceramic lube will adhesion longer than the wax lube, even in the wet conditions, but the price of this product is higher than the wax one.
You only use the lube with dry and clean chains of your bike
When using the lube on the old one with some dirt, you will not get the results you want and make it worse with a combination of dirtier lube and grit to wear away your bike drivetrain.
In addition, you need to clean your bike after each ride by cleaning the chains with soft cloth and degreaser, leaving it to dry and applying the fresh lube on it.
Also, when making trips in the summer or winter, you should thoroughly wash the bike chain with a specific cleaning tool.
What will you do to choose the right lube for the excellent maintenance of your mountain bicycle?
Things to remember: Taking care for a smooth and efficient chain operation ensures your vehicle to run fast and powerful with high speed and no annoying noise.
It is also an essential product for your safety on the road. You can’t ride well and in a long way without it.
Don’t have any reason to deny the best mountain bike chain lube. Now go out, buy one and use it right now for your bike maintenance.
In my opinion, I want to try the Finish Line Citrus Degreaser product. It can work well on metal materials and do not damage the plastic or rubber components of my bike.
Primarily, I will be relieved to use this kind of lube because of its natural ingredients, not harmful but completely penetrating the parts that require additional lube caring.
Actually, this is a perfect lube for my beloved bike, right?