Top 6 Best Mountain Bikes under $2000 2019
Why is a new mountain bike a precious thing that a lot of people – whether you are new to this kind of exciting outdoor sport or you are an experienced pro looking – are dreaming of?
It depends on your budget, tastes, local trails, and riding styles that keep you excited, no matter the reason, the best mountain bikes under 2000 model can mean a lot to you.
However, it is not easy to choose the model that suits you the best. There’s no shortage of excellent mountain bikes out there. You might find them all the same. They differ from each other. So, how can you find the best one for you?
Just Not Sports are here to help with a compiled list of the best mtn bikes to jumpstart your next challenging journey. Hope that it will help you narrow things down!
Top 6 Best Mountain Bikes under 2000:
There’s a load of high-quality mountain bikes on the market. After checking out our comprehensive guide on how to choose mountain bikes under $2,000, you will be provided with a practical way to pile up your own handy shortlist of ideal qualified purchases.
|Raleigh Bikes Kodiak 2 Mountain Bike||Best for individuals who want to switch it up and change disciplines||4.5 out of 5 stars|
|BEIOU CF 27.5 Mountain Bike||Best for Cycling Enthusiasts and Professional Entry-level Riders||4 out of 5 stars|
|Crusher Fat Tire Bike Snow Bike Mountain Bike||Best for enduro racers and riders with a dream of the ultimate electric biking adventure||4 out of 5 stars|
|Steppenwolf Tundra Carbon Race||Best for the marathon and cross-country racers||4.5 out of 5 stars|
|New 2018 Diamondback Mason 2 Complete Mountain Bike||Best for professional riders who are looking for a high-performing bike climbing with ease||5 out of 5 stars|
|Mongoose Salvo Comp 27.5″ Wheel Frame Mountain Bicycle||Best for both beginner and advanced mountain bikers||4.5 out of 5 stars|
1. Raleigh Bikes Kodiak 2 Mountain Bike
- Sizing: s=5'3-5'6", m=5'6"-5'9", l=5'9"-6', xl=6'-6'4"
- Designed for riding Rooty, rocky, mountain trails with serious suspension
- Made with a 6061 alloy frame with 120mm of travel, Raleigh thru axle and tapered head tube, and a Sun tour Raidon 32 air, 27.5+ fork for a cushy ride
- Features new lightweight SRAM NX 1x11 drivetrain, a narrow-wide CNC chain ring with a great gear ratio for going up and down hills
Which mountain bike to choose if you want much more than a hardtail but do not want to spend a fortune? The Raleigh Bikes Kodiak 2 Mountain Bike will undoubtedly make you satisfied.
The Raleigh Bikes Kodiak 2 Mountain Bike is a high-quality model of Raleigh – a well-known company with more than 30 years experience pushing the boundaries of what gets our world riding in comfort and style.
With the use of the latest 27.5 plus tires, it is, not surprisingly, a design that’s quickly being hailed as one of the best choices for more traction on the trail on the market. And this dual suspension gem offers 27.5+ fork, both front, and rear thru axles, the extra big Weinmann U50, 27.5″ plus rims, a 24-speed drivetrain making it much cushier and much more forgiving than a hardtail.
Severe suspension with roll-over-it speed makes for an incredibly balanced and sturdy feel when riding or tearing it up and down the rooty, rocky, mountain trails.
For fans of the Raleigh Bikes Kodiak 1 Mountain Bike who are looking for a model with all the upgrade from the first full-suspension mountain bike model to a higher-standard cornering and pure descent monster, the Raleigh Bikes Kodiak 2 Mountain Bike is designed for you.
- High-quality gears and brakes;
- High-cost performance;
- Lightweight package;
- Narrow-wide CNC chainring;
- Dual suspension;
- Kenda Havok 27.5×2.8″ tires;
- Few color options.
2. BEIOU Carbon Fiber 27.5 Mountain Bike
- BEIOU Carbon Fiber 650B Mountain Bike; SHIMANO M6000 DEORE System, Usually arrives in 4--8 business days to Continental US address
- 3*10 Speed, Hidden Disc Brake, Fork Suspension, Hardtail MTB
- Toray T800 Carbon Fiber for Frame, Handle Bar and Seat Post; Ultralight 10.7 kg
- Finish: 3K Matte Black White Red;27.5" RT aluminum alloy wheel set Carbon Fiber Hubs
The debate between hardtail and full-suspension when it comes to the best model amongst experienced mountain bikers never comes to an end. There is no need to say that it is impossible to come up with an extensive list of the cross-spectrum preferences without naming both of these models, and the BEIOU CF 27.5 Mountain Bike is one of the most popular hardtails.
Why is the BEIOU CF well worth your money? Even though the Beiou CF 650B Mountain Bike is a product of a less-known biking company which is still struggling to find its way into the U.S mountain bike market, it is a no-nonsense model with everything you are looking for to start riding.
Going on an adventure with a mountain bike is all about the speed. That makes riding a happy time, and the Beiou CF 650B Mountain Bike surely exceeds your expectation.
The 650B Mountain Bike of Beiou consists of many top-notch features which make it live for frightening high speeds and the most challenging steep trails and mountain paths such as a 27-speed system and the excellent Shimano M355 technology making sure to offer powerful and swift stopping in any condition.
What’s more? What this top buys amongst bikers comes with an aluminum alloy pneumatic front fork suspension linkage and a reliable and high-end carbon-fiber frame which is durable in design and lightweight in nature.
- High-quality Gears and Brakes;
- High-cost performance;
- Beiou CF Unibody Frame;
- Air Fork Suspension; Available in 3 body sizes: 19 inches, 17 inches, 15 inches;
- Reasonable Price;
- Average Fork
3. Cyrusher Fat Tire Bike Snow Bike Mountain Bike
- Cyrusher XF660 fat tire ebike is a good looking vehicle which has drawn a lot of attention and many compliments. It comes with adjustable handlebar and seatpost, suitable for rider height around 5'4"-6'7". The seat and handelbars can be adjusted to fit your height.
- Cyrusher Fat Tires: 4inch wide fat tires have great tread providing great traction，you'll have no problem cruising over sandy or snowy terrains and enjoying the ultimate electric biking adventure. The Shimano shifters and mechanical disc brakes are extremely smart and allow for gear shifting even in toughest road conditions.
- Electric system: Equipped with Cyrusher 500W motor and 48V lithium battery, you will reach maximum speed of 20mph, max distance up to 25miles. Plenty for a day's adventure or most trips to travel and back. And the battery can be charged on or off the frame easily.
- 3 Working Modes: Cyrusher fat tire electric bike has 3 working modes, Ebike, Pedal Assisted & Normal Pedalled. You can do nothing and have power assist kick in every 10 or 15 seconds keeping you up to speed or set your throttle to a speed you like and pedal or not pedal as you like. Everyone who rides it has a smile on their face
A full flat tire suspension e-bike that is available in a myriad of vibrant colors, this Cyrusher Fat Tire Bike Snow Bike Mountain Bike is a piece of the art living up to the reputation of Cyrusher. Who doesn’t trust the Cyrusher name – the pioneer of cycling sports?
And it is the Cyrusher Fat Tire Bike Snow Bike Mountain Bike’s suspension aspect – that makes it the one true all-rounder with a smooth and silent ride for all kinds of environment, even the extremely rough terrain – that helps set this e-bike model apart from the other products on our handy list.
Keep on reading and analyzing the specifications before checking out how other smart buyers rate this product.
The built-in high electric 500-Watt specialized motor makes this all-terrain all-purpose e-bike on top among the most potent mountain bikes found on the market. It features dual disk brakes affixed to a sturdy, durable aluminum frame that can support up to 360 pounds and comes with huge 28″ fat tires that can assist with all kinds of routes.
The 48V/ 10.8ah lithium battery powering the motor with the top speed of 25 mph stated – which is sure to blow away any part of the competition. Also, its battery is perfect for a substantial range of 18-21 miles.
- High-quality Gears and Brakes
- High cost-performance
- Sleek Design
- Well-designed, well-made, and comfortable
- Long-lasting Battery
- Available in a myriad of vibrant colors
- Only available in a single size
- Unclear Instruction
- Pretty High Price
4. Steppenwolf Tundra Carbon Race
- Frame/Fork: High-performance carbon composite frame on RockShox SID RLT 100 mm remote fork
- Wheels/Tires: Schwalbe Rocket Ron 29x2.25 Evo tires on DT Swiss X 1900 Spline wheels
- Drivetrain: Shimano XT shifters; FSA Afterburner 175 mm crankset with 42/34/24t; Shimano XT front and rear derailleurs; Shimano XT/XT chain; Shimano XT/XT 10 speed cassette with 11-36t
- Brakes/Cockpit: Avid Elixir 5 180/160 mm brakes; FSA Afterburner Flat 685 mm handlebars; FA SX Pro No. 55 tapered headest; FSA Afterburner 90 mm stem; SDG Circuit MTN saddle; FSA Afterburner seatpost
Steppenwolf – with more than 20 years experience in making unrivaled mountain bike models and going from stable to stronger – is one of the most technically advanced bicycle manufacturers in the world. Who can call them cycling enthusiast, novice, or professional athletes if not knowing this reputable Germany company?
One of the most popular outdoor sports is mountain biking – which gives you so much fun and excitement.
No matter what might be the reason why you are seeking for a new biking feeling, getting a perfect mountain bike for the task is essential, and the Steppenwolf Tundra Carbon Race owns almost everything that any novice or professional athletes or any cycling enthusiast would die for.
It is a high-end mountain bike with top-notch features and components that make it lightweight in nature and powerful in performance.
The most outstanding features that we need to mention are the incredible agility supported by the steep steering angle and short rear section as well as the equal parts speed making it perfect for riders in search of a high-performing hardtail model.
- High-quality Gears and Brakes;
- High cost-performance;
- Well-designed, well-made, and comfortable;
- Sturdy and Durable Carbon Composite Frame;
- Pretty High Price.
5. New 2018 Diamondback Mason 2 Complete Mountain Bike
- Light and strong aluminum frame with precision-enhancing 148x12 boost dropouts and rear thru-axle
- Rocks ox Judy gold RL eats up bumps with 120mm of plush travel
- Race Face Affect Cinch cranks; SRAM NX 1x11 drivetrain makes for simple and efficient shifting
- Plenty of stopping power, courtesy of SRAM level t hydraulic disc brakes
It is a high-end brand new model of 2018 from Diamondback’s producer. With advanced features of its well-known aluminum Mason 1, the bike can well adapt both uphill and downhill performances.
The New 2018 Diamondback Mason 2 Complete Mountain Bike of Diamondback’s great Mason line which uses a series of 27.5+ models — a design which will quickly be considered as one of the best full-suspension system models available on the market.
This bike is considered as the best mountain bikes priced right around $2,000 of 2017-2018 for its unusual mid-class components. The full-suspension bike that’s meant to tackle extreme terrains showcases a patent-pending design featuring a 6061-T6 Aluminum frame; a 130mm-travel trail bike brought right to your door, and a superior 120mm fork.
Taking advantage of the Richter scale, the new 2018 Diamondback Mason 2 model can accomplish an incredibly smooth and dependable shifting even through the tightest twists and turns.
If you are in search for the best model for a challenging mountain bike, the New 2018 Diamondback Mason 2 Complete Mountain Bike is a solid bet.
- High-quality Gears and SRAM hydraulic disc Brakes
- High cost-performance
- An elusive blend of swift
- Mountain Bikes arrive about 85% assembled
- Sturdy and Smooth Suspension
- The installation of parts and the adjustment of components are required.
6. Mongoose Salvo Comp 27.5″ Wheel Frame Mountain Bicycle
- Mongoose horst link 100 mm travel aluminum trail frame minimizes suspension lockout while braking and reduces chain tension through the travel cycle
- Both the x-fusion O2 shock & sr sun tour xcr air 100 mm travel fork have hydraulic lockout & rebound adjustment for endless adjustment on any terrain
- Shimano deore/Alivio 3x9 drivetrain with Alivio shifters offer quick shifting and optimal gearing options for varied terrain
- Shimano M365 hydraulic disc brakes with strong 160 mm rotors provide crisp stopping power and reliable speed control out on the trail
At 31.2lbs without pedals, the Mongoose Salvo Comp is not the winner when being compared with other lightweight models. However, what it lacks in its weight, it makes up for with other great features.
Bigger wheels are now the trend of the mountain biking industry, and among the best ones, the Mongoose Salvo Comp 27.5″ Wheel Frame Mountain Bicycle is outstanding for offering excellent performance at a reasonable price.
With 29-inch wheels, covered by an aluminum frame, the bike promise to offer you an excellent precision like no other.
There must be a good reason why the Salvo Comp is honorably introduced as one of Mongoose’s latest installments in its reasonable-yet-capable lineup.
Thanks to its impressive combination of speed and handling, the Mongoose Salvo Comp is considered as the best choice for not only beginners but among advanced mountain cyclists.
- High-quality Gears and Brakes
- High-level performance
- The most extended stem and shallowest tire tread
- Balanced suspension and proper handling
- The absence of a tapered head tube.
How to choose Best MTB under 2000?
With a handful option of mountain bikes out there, each cross-country racer can find a great model that suits him best. However, what’s best for others might not be right for you. Take these factors below into consideration if you want to take a hit and anything in between.
Regardless to say, riding a mountain bike is always a favorite recreational activity. However, if you want more fun and excitement at its best, then being realistic about what bike styles that you are interested in is necessary. Based on the purpose, mountain bikes are classified into five different forms including Trail bike, Cross-country bike, All-mountain bike, Fat bike, and Downhill bike.
Rigid suspension bike, Hardtail bike, or Full-suspension bike is also one of the more polarizing arguments in mountain biking. Out of the three different types of mountain bike suspension, most mountain bikers, even the most experienced ones will tell you that if you are looking for an average mountain biker on a budget, then Hardtail bikes are ways to go.
More models are released every day, Just Not Sports can find the broader tires. Right now, 2.35-inches are the most popular on trail bikes. But aggressive bikes featuring 2.4, 2.5 or even 2.6-inch versions are not rare. Also though wider tires provide plenty of traction and a little smoother ride, when heading uphill, get ready with more resistance!
In the past, Mountain Bikes were associated with 26-inch wheels. But now, things are different. The far more common on the trail are 27.5-inch and 29-inch wheel versions. Each of these three wheel sizes has its advantage and disadvantage.
Offering much control, these models with 26-inch wheel version are pretty standard for bikes, and all casual or beginner riders can’t help but ensuring that it is one of their favorites. 29-inch wheel versions are designed with the more aggressive rider in mind.
Larger wheels are synonymous with much higher speed, and speed carried smoothly through chunky terrain – that’s precisely what mountain bikers are looking to keep momentum and tackle obstacles on the challenging trails with ease are thinking about.
Meanwhile, these models coming with 27.5-inch wheels represent an excellent middle ground between the possibility of the relatively standard 26-inch wheel mountain bikes and the rollover benefits of the 29-inch wheel versions. This feature provides it with more excellent mobility over mountainous terrain while still maintaining a decent level of stable controlling over rough trails.
Aluminum alloy ensures the lightweight in nature and durability in design is the most popular material found in mountain bikes’ frame. The higher the price is, the better quality aluminum will be used. Much lighter aluminum that has been precisely manufactured to cut off the frame’s weight is often utilized in much higher-end mountain bike models.
Sturdy and cheap, why isn’t steel a popular option when it comes to the best materials for mountain bikes’ frame? The answer is that it is mostly too heavy for a mountain bike which will run on the rough terrains of a challenging mountain.
Other materials you might think of are titanium and carbon fiber. Even though they are lightweight and robust, they are not cheaper. If you need an example, why not check out Le SuperBike? That’s why only higher-end models feature frames with the latter materials.
Trails You Want To Ride
What kind of terrain you are planning to ride also influences making a decision on which one is best for you!
As a result, it is essential to determine what sort of trails you have most in your hometown – Short-Travel Trail Bikes, Trail Hardtails, Mid-Travel Trail Bikes, Cross-Country Bikes, or Enduro Bikes. Moreover, it can also be worth thinking about how often you will be traveling to the trail center or bike parks.
Mountain Bike Helmet
Sarah thinks you need a high-quality helmet for your ride.
It’s time to choose…
Does riding a good bicycle through the rough terrains of a challenging mountain sound interesting? It’s high time to plan for an adventure! However, your best fellows might not be your regular cycles but mountain bikes made with the high-level features to withstand such dangerous roads in mind.
How to choose the best mtb under $2000?
Which model you want depends on your taste and what kind of riding you are interested in as well as what sort of trails you have most in your hometown, but seeing what other recommend is not a bad idea!