Top 4+ Best Road Bikes Under $500: You Must Know
You are choosing the best road bikes under $500 that fits your budget but you don’t know which one is good?
Choosing the best bike in 2019 now is not as simple as it seems, as there are now brands known for their quality products such as Giant, Shimano, and Schwinn.
If you want to save your time looking around, check out our most accurate reviews and research about the top four bike that fit your bucket – 500$ for a quality that goes along with times.
Before referring to the bike, you need to know what to look for when choosing one. There are some key points that you should remember in choosing your next pal:
Here are the deals:
Just Not Sports will show you four bike that we have to choose and research for you in this table below so you can see how it is, the difference between each product. But, Sarah thinks you need a road bike helmet and best cycling computer with cadence and heart rate before buying r-bike.
This bike is good, but you should buy it if you are great with assembling stuff. The only difficulty is installing the wheel and disc brake.
If you watch videos and use common sense, it shouldn’t be too bad. Once the installation is done, the bike is phenomenal and is well worth the pain of assembling it.
Top-rated 4 Road Bikes under $500 in 2019
|Schwinn Phocus 1600 Men’s 700c Wheels, 56CM Frame||– Schwinn aluminum road frame with Carbon fiber road fork.|
– Shimano Claris 16 speed derailleur with Micro shift integrated shift/brake lever combo.
– High profile alloy double wall rims with paired spokes are lightweight and robust with the Quick front release.
– Promax alloy dual pivot caliper road brakes.
– Alloy crank for wide gear range.
|Giordano Libero 1.6 Men’s -700c||– Lightweight handcrafted 6061 aluminum frame.|
– 32 Spoke High Profile Quick Release Alloy Rims.
– 1 1/8″ Threadless stem.
– 16-speed Shimano STI drivetrain
– Dual water bottle mounts.
|Beginner, fitness, workout||4/5|
|Pure Cycles Classic 16-Speed||– Lightweight road bike with Super strong 4130 Chromoly steel frameset; ideal for beginners to experienced riders for the race, Tour, commutes, and more.|
– 16-Speed Shimano Claris STI shifters, cassette, and derailleur deliver competition-ready speeds
– It available in six different sizes to fit 4′-11″ to 6′-4″; backed by manufacturer’s warranty
|Climbing, blistering descents, tour, race.||4.5/5|
|Vilano Shadow 3.0 Shimano STI Integrated Shifters Tektro Disc Brakes, 2018||– Shimano STI Integrated Brake Lever/Shifters offer precise and controllable braking and shifting in a convenient single unit designed for the road|
– 6061 Double Butted Aluminum Aero Frame w/ Integrated Headset & Internal Cable
– Wheelset: 700c Doubled Walled CNC Machined Side, CST Slick Tire
– Brakes: Mechanical Dual Disc
|Fitness, Club rides.||4.7/5|
Now, Just Not Sports will have a short review of each bike about its advantages and disadvantages.
First, Schwinn Phocus 1600 Men’s Road Bike 700c Wheels, 56CM Frame
Top Bike Under $500 came from a good bicycle company Schwinn.
It is the Aerodynamics type that makes you feel the wind when you ride this. It is very light and loads quickly.
The Shimano groupset is the Claris 2400, an SR Suntour crankset and DNP Epoch Hyperwave 8 speed freehub (not freewheel) with Microshift levers.
This is not a 14-speed bike as in the description, it is a 16 speed (2-speed crank side 8-speed cassette). It has good reviews with no critical issues after years of riding.
- Good for beginner
- Very light
- Easy to replace components by yourself
- Wheels have easy on/off level
- The brake pads have some problems that you need to keep an eye on it.
You can choose this bike if you are a beginner. You can easily update it later and make it become a better bike with a reasonably low price.
Giordano Libero 1.6 Men’s Road Bike-700c
The bike that started it all is back and better than ever. The beautifully made, handcrafted, lightweight 6061 aluminum frame continues to be the foundation for this well thought out the road bike.
It is a commuter road bike for entry level.
- Dependable and inexpensive.
- You can quickly assemble it by yourself.
- It’s suitable for transport and fitness because it is appropriately lightweight.
- When put to severe road work, the bolts and screws are likely to fall off.
- The white tape is prone to dirt.
- When at maximum speed, the brakes are not very responsive.
Remember, some of these issues can be ignored or fixed at a low price. Therefore, this bike is still cheaper than purchasing a more costly one.
Pure Cycles Classic 16-Speed Road Bike
It also features 17mm deep dish alloy rims with stainless steel spokes, 3-piece crankset, front and rear alloy caliper brakes.
- STI shifters
- The overall price for what you get is pretty hard to beat
- Solid build overall
- Indexing on the shifters seems a bit off, especially on the front derailleur. When you upshift in the front, it tends to go just a tad too far and start rubbing. But you can knock it down a touch with a light tap to the downshift
- Seat tends to come loose if you don’t tighten the hell out of it.
The bike is excellent for what you pay. Nothing especially stands out about it, but nothing is “clearly bad.”
Some minor upgrades to clipless pedals and maybe a better seat is helpful but not necessary. Overall, a good budget road bike.
Vilano Shadow 3.0 Road Bike Shimano STI Integrated Shifters Tektro Disc Brakes, 2018
For a little more than $300, you get disc brakes, 2×7 gears, and integrated shifters. The bike felt light-weight despite its aluminum frame has actually average weight.
The shifters offer precise and controllable braking and shifting in a convenient single unit designed for the road. The disc brakes provide plenty of stopping power in virtually all situations.
- Great shifters
- Good quality parts
- Good value at this price point
- Instructions are generalized for all their bikes
- Disc brakes not overly powerful
- Disc brakes hard to adjust
Read this to know how to choose top road bicycle under $500?
There are many different types of bicycles: mountain bike, road bike, touring bike or hybrid bike. Depending on what you want, you can choose a bike that suits you best.
Road bike, as its name, are suitable for the flat asphalt road. These bikes are lightweight, reasonably aerodynamic designed to reach high speeds quickly.
If you want to experience a quick feel with a bike on a flat road on a beautiful day, then no doubt road bike should be your choice.
First, there are many different types, but I’ll talk about three main categories that we – amateurs can use are Aerodynamics, Commuter, Endurance.
- Aerodynamics are good for slicing through wind-drag at mid-to-high-end speeds but not for slower and relaxed
- Commuter is good for day-in-day-out reliability and comfortable but not good for bike-handling thrills and flat-out speed.
- Endurance does best in long distance and high hills but not for racing and short blast adrenaline rides.
Some pros and cons of the different types gave you a look at the type you chose.
The material of bike frames
Next, comes the significant factor: the material makes the bike frame. There are two types of materials commonly used for bicycle frames: Aluminum and Carbon Fiber.
The most common bicycle frame material, aluminum is known for being corrosion resistant, reasonably light (though typically not as light as carbon fiber), and having a high strength-to-weight ratio.
The exception to this kind of material is quite challenging to fix, and the stiffness often means a harsher ride because it does not absorb the buzz as well as that of the other frame materials.
Another common is Carbon Fiber. The primary advantage of the material is that at a given stiffness, carbon fiber is significantly lighter than aluminum, steel, or titanium.
And with lower density, it does a better job of absorbing. But it is quite expensive, and these Carbon fiber frames are also more prone to fracture than metal.
Now, try to have a look at some key components: Drivetrain, Wheels, Brakes, handlebar, seat. These components directly affect the comfort of riding your bike. Comfortable seats, firm hands and fit with you… will significantly affect your experience.
Height and weight
Another thing to keep in mind is that all types of bicycles can adjust the height of the seat so that you can sit most fit to the bike but within a certain limit. Pay close attention to the bike size when buying one.
The weight of the bike also affects your comfort at the start of the journey: the lightweight bicycle can easily be accelerated but easy to lose inertia while heavy one is difficult to start but easier braking.
The four bikes above have certain exceptions because they are not too expensive, but its pluses are undeniable. At a reasonable price, these bikes give you a great experience.
Especially when you are a beginner rider. Later on, you can update this bike with better components, and that will save you a lot of money instead of buying a new one.